Howland Technology, Inc. Statement of Privacy
At Howland Technology, Inc., we are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience. You can travel through most of our website without giving us any personal information but sometimes we do need it to provide services that you requested. This statement of privacy explains data collection and the use of it so please read the entire statement.
Collecting your Personal Information:
We will only collect your personal information upon time of your order or registration on our website. We are the sole owners of such information. We only have access to information that you voluntarily provide us via phone, email, or through our online store. In the event of a problem with our website, information about your web browser may be collected to assist us in correcting the problem.
In order to make certain parts of howlandtechnology.com function correctly, cookies are utilized. Cookies are used to link you to your shopping cart and to session information while logged in. Although you can still browse and search for products, you must have cookies enabled in order to add items to your shopping cart or to create/log into a howlandtechnology.com account.
Use of your Personal Information:
We may use your personal information for several purposes such as:
- To make our website easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you quickly find services or information on howlandtechnology.com.
- To help us develop and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To inform you of special offers, updated information and new services from Howland Technology, Inc.
- To contact you when you have received an error while using our website so we can help you solve the problem.
- We will not sell your personal data to anyone, or share it with a third party unless required in the event of the circumstances listed below.
We will disclose your information, without notice, only as follows:
- To obey orders of the law or comply with legal process served on Howland Technology, Inc.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Howland Technology, Inc. and its websites.
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect Howland Technology, Inc.’s websites, its employees or the public.
- When you have an open account with Howland Technology, Inc., credit and payment history is occasionally shared with credit reporting agencies.
- When required to disclose “point of sale” (POS) information to the manufacturer for market research and payment of commission to the manufacturer’s sales force. POS information might also be used by Howland Technology, Inc., the manufacturer or the manufacturer’s representatives to provide you with important information or to contact you about potential design activity.
We aim to protect your personal data. Howland Technology, Inc. uses a variety of security technologies to protect your personal data, including secure servers, firewalls and encryption of credit card information. We do not hold account billing information after your order has been processed and shipped. We also take steps to ensure your personal information is protected offline. Our computers and servers are kept in a secure environment and only employees who require the information to perform their jobs are granted access to customer’s sensitive data.
If you are concerned at any time how your sensitive information is being handled, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 847-965-9808. We will address our use of your data only as it pertains to a direct situation, such as correcting erroneous information or deleting any information we currently have regarding you or your company.
If you have any questions or comments concerning our privacy statement contact us at email@example.com.
Revised January 1, 2016