Job Description – Customer Service Specialist
Come join our growing team! Howland Technology has been in business 25 years, and is a premier provider of integrated Electric Drive Systems into the Industrial market. You can make a real difference and put yourself on a long range career path with Howland Technology. We are a small business located in Morton Grove, IL.
Reporting to the Materials Manager, the Customer Service Specialist provides a high level of attention to customer accounts, processing customer orders, and communicating on related order issues, new products and/or change management for goods sold. The Customer Service Specialist – supports the respective sales staff for accounts assigned, and is the main internal contact for those accounts as assigned. This position requires a really high level of organizational detail and outstanding communication skills.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform customer Sales order entry/Purchase order checks/balances
- Work closely with materials manager on Logistics
- Supplier Portal organization
- Government Forms Submission
- Maintain/Update Shipping Calendar
- Working with the materials manager to prioritize customer orders
- Working with the materials manager to identify and expedite critical supplier orders
- Review pricing with sales and reconcile pricing issues as necessary.
- Work closely with respective sales staff as their internal contact point for customer requirements, including special projects, and/or product changes, etc.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Be part of a great team, that functions as a team
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in order processing and administration, preferably in a manufacturing/engineering customer service environment
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with UPS Worldship, DHL & FedEx shipment processing systems.
- Computer literate with strong analytical and computational ability
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effective
- Adept and effective communicator
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
Full-Time – Salary, Health Benefits, 401K As Eligible, Casual Environment