Job Description – Engineering Intern
Come join our growing team! Howland Technology has been in business 20+ years, and is a premier provider of integrated Electric Drive Systems into the Industrial market. You can make a real difference and put yourself on a long range career path with Howland Technology. We are a small business located in Morton Grove, IL.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Project Engineer duties will include a wide range of engineering support on both the mechanical and electrical side. The project engineer will work closely with new and existing customers, providing support and project development as assigned. This position requires a really high level of organizational detail and outstanding communication skills.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Specification and support on:
- Battery & Battery Charger Applications
- Encoder Applications
- Any new application as assigned
- Assist in the development of new customer accounts and service existing accounts as required.
- Quality Inspection on all incoming motors & various other incoming components.
- Programming & assembly of value-added items: Controllers, Gauges, Chargers, etc.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Create and present bill of materials for projects as assigned.
- Represent company at trade shows as required.
- BS in Engineering
- 2+ years experience as a project engineer-preferred
- Familiarity with various programming languages
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Adept and effective communicator
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
Full-Time – Salary, Health Benefits, 401K As Eligible, Casual Environment, and opportunity to travel
OEM Business Developer
The OEM Business Developer will have experience with range of Equipment manufacturers, from Tier 1 to Tier 4. Technical acumen and strong self-motivation required.
They will work in support of the sales team promoting new sales efforts in target markets for EV. This position is requires travel, as permitted; and will report to the Vice President. This role is located in Morton Grove, IL.
- Primary duties include identifying business opportunities
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing clients
- Collaborating with management team on business strategy to determine objectives
- Evaluating current business performance and maximizing business reach and potential.
- Exceed customer’s expectations via correspondence on phone and email
- Build Upon established clientele, using CRM.
- Require a bachelor’s degree preferably in business and management, and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Requires strong communication skills
- Must be internet and computer savvy, excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of the MS Office and Windows required with greater technical aptitude preferred
- Excellent follow through and follow up skills (self motivated and driven)
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude – Sense of Humor
Full-Time – Salary, Health Benefits, 401K As Eligible, Profit-Sharing